The office life has been a little crazy and no day is the same


September 22, 2018
Szervusztok mindenkinek,
It has only been a few days since my last email, but I am now on my 3rd proselytizing area and my 4th companion this transfer.
Two of my companions this transfer
Since the secretaries have to be in the office every day during the week, our p-day is on Saturday instead of Monday. They sent me to Buda one week before transfers, so that I can be trained by the previous immigration secretary, Elder Suggs. So far the office life has been a little crazy and no day is the same. Every day, Monday through Friday, we have to be in the office from 10AM to 2PM. However, depending on the day, sometimes we have to stay still 5PM. But it will be our goal next transfer to be out of the office at 2 PM, hopefully we can do it. So in the office there are 2 missionary secretaries, me and Elder Burnett, who mainly deals with apartments, and an office senior couple. But the office has been busy as of late because the senior couple is fairly new, and they often need help using the computer or reading something that is in Hungarian. Also since the Romanian and Hungarian missions combined, we have to worry about stuff in Romania now too. So this past week I have been studying my 30-page secretary manual because next week will be super busy for me with the new missionaries coming in that need to obtain residency permits in both Hungary and Romania.  Also whenever someone gets transferred and changes their address in Hungary, they need to go to the immigration office to notify them of their new address. So I have a lot of paperwork to sort out next week.  Also, this past week we went to the post office so I could obtain permission to sign for everybody's name in the mission when packages get delivered to the mission office. 
But some of the perks of the office include being able to be in air conditioning.  Also I can show up to the office without a lunch and just hope a senior couple will provide and it usually works, haha. For example, so far I have been provided with enchiladas, cinnamon rolls, and ice cream. And the Mission home/office is located in a 4-story building that is also used for the church of the Buda Ward. The first 2 floors contain the chapel and the classrooms, and the 3rd floor is the office, and the 4th floor is where the mission president and his wife live.
Mission office/home and Buda ward church building
It will be exciting to serve in Buda.  It will be a lot different from my previous areas.  I am looking forward to meeting new people and making new memories. 

Apparently there was a glitch in the computer in Salt Lake. So when the missions combined, they forgot to allocate missionaries to Hungary, so the size of the missionary force in Hungary is almost half the size of what it was when I came in. When I came there were 5 zones, but next transfer there is only going to be 3 zones and Szeged (where I was) will no longer be a zone leader city.  
Below are some pictures I took at a war park I went to a couple weeks ago. 
Sok szeretettel,
Udy Elder






No comments:

Post a Comment

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...