I ate left over parts of the pig like the ears and the hooves

January 8, 2018
Sziasztok a családom és a barátaim, (Hello my friends and my family)
On Wednesday I went to Budapest to pick up my new companion. His name is Surdu Elder and he is from Calgary, Canada. I'm 3 for 3 for not getting a companion form Utah, maybe I'll be able to go my whole mission. We'll see. He has been out for a little over a year and is really good with the language. No one mistakes us for Hungarians because we stand out so much with my blond hair and his red hair haha. Since I have been here for a transfer I now lead the way when we’re going places and I’ve been showing him around the city.


Udy Elder and Surdu Elder

While we were over at one of our Investigator's houses, he fed me a thing called Kocsonya. I didn't know what it was and Surdu Elder did, but he told our investigator that I needed to try some. It is made up of the left over parts of the pig like the ears and the hooves--it gets put into some jello fat substance. I'm usually a fan of meat but meat should not be in that form of a substance. 

Kocsonya


As for our investigators we currently have a 62-year old man who fed me the pig jello, He comes to church often. A 30-year old woman and her 4 year old daughter who have some relatives who are Mormon. 2 people that we teach at the park every week during their work shift of picking up the trash, and a few others. We hope we can get a baptism this transfer. That’s the goal at least. 



I've never had that dish (Rakott Krumpli--Hungarian layered potatoes), but it looks good.

Rakott Krumpli--We (Julia and Craig) made this for dinner recently


Sister Berente's dad is Hungarian so he knows his stuff. Good try on stalking but you were wrong on who my new companion is. Did you see my talent on the Facebook page? And I got the 4 cards from people from the Southgate ward... 
I'll end with a quote form President Monson's last talk he gave in April 2017:
"We live in a time of great trouble and wickedness. What will protect us from the sin and evil so prevalent in the world today? I maintain that a strong testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of His gospel will help see us through to safety. If you are not reading the Book of Mormon each day, please do so. If you will read it prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. If it is true—and I solemnly testify that it is—then Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."

Sok szeretettel, 
        Udy Elder


No comments:

Post a Comment

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...