I am going to be a secretary in the mission office


Sziasztok mindenkinek, 
This week has probably been the craziest week of my mission.  On Tuesday morning we got a call from President Hettinger saying we were going to be in a trio with another missionary from Békéscsaba because his companion finished his mission and was going home midway through the transfer. And he said that we have to cover both Békéscsaba and Szeged until the end of the transfer. Since Békéscsaba has a missionary serving as the branch president, Elder Smith is assigned to be the branch president there and President told me that I am going to be a secretary in the mission office.  I think I will mainly be dealing with immigration for the missionaries. I go up to Buda tomorrow and start my 1- week training before the start of the next transfer.  
So this past week has mostly just consisted of a bunch of travel and a bunch of branch activities. We have traveled from Békéscsaba to Szeged 3 times already for various reasons, but it is really unfortunate because they are working on the railroad so we have to take a bus halfway and then get on a train. So the travel is a little over 2 hours going one way. Also public transportation in Békéscsaba is really bad, and there are only 2 bikes for 3 people so we have to walk everywhere which takes forever because it's a 40 minute walk from the apartment to the train station.
Besides all of the traveling we went to a bunch of activities such as Young Women's, a self-reliance program, English class, and also a branch party. The Békéscsaba branch is unique because it consists of almost all women, there are even enough women to have a Young Women's program and a Young women's presidency. The problem is that there are no active Melchizedek priesthood holders so a missionary has to run the branch. Also there wasn't anyone assigned to give talks during church this past Sunday so all 3 of us missionaries spoke. I was introduced as a guest speaker because I was only there for one week. It was cool to give a talk and see how I was able to give a 20-minute talk in Hungarian with just a few notes. 
That is a brief summary of the past week. Then tomorrow I go to Buda to the mission home where I will continue my mission as a secretary and learn about immigration.  I don't really know what I'll be doing, but I will learn a lot more about it this week. It will be interesting trying to balance all the office work and missionary work.  We'll see how it goes.  Since I'll be in the mission home a lot, hopefully, I will get fed by the Hettingers and some of the senior couples. That would be great. That is all for this week. I lost my SD card reader so the pictures are going to have to wait. And I think my p-days as a secretary will be on Saturday, so I will email again this Saturday.
Sok szeretettel, 
Udy Elder      

No comments:

Post a Comment

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...