Do you know where the children's home is with no parents?

December 4, 2017

Sziasztok barátaim és családom, (Hello my friends and my family) 



Our district inviting everyone on the street to come to church Sunday morning
    On Tuesday last week I went on splits with Spencer Elder, who has only been in Hungary for 1 transfer, and our job was to find somewhere where we could donate goods as a church. We were given an address of an orphanage, but it was the wrong address and on the wrong street so we had to ask people where it was. Since we did not know the word for orphanage, we asked people, “Do you know where the children's home is with no parents?” We eventually found it and talked to the people in charge at the orphanage. Anyways, later that day while knocking on some doors, this 15 year old kid opens the door, and we say, “we are missionaries” and as soon as we say that he gestures us to come inside which absolutely never happens. We went into a tiny bedroom where there were about 5 people and we just talked a little bit about what we believe. And as we were talking to them people kept coming in and out listening to us. There had to have been about 10 people who lived in that apartment who we talked to. They were just so interested in us, and we just tried to communicate as much as we could with the little Hungarian that we know. 

Since the first orphanage we went to did not want our charitable services, Cushing Elder and I went to a different one, and we tried to talk to the person in charge but we had to wait an hour until she was there. So we asked if we could talk to the children while we waited and he said yes. I was expecting there to be little kids we could talk to but out come four 16 and 17 year old girls, wearing some questionable clothing. It was interesting to say the least. But a few days later we brought by a bunch of food products from the church members. #Légyavilágvilágossága (#LightTheWorld).


Christmas tree in the center of town
This week is has started to get cold here-- I think around 0 degrees Celsius. And every time I go inside somewhere from being outside people ask me if my hands are cold because they are usually purple or red. I just say it's normal for me, but I should probably start wearing some gloves haha. 

We e-mail from the library every week. We buy a 6-month pass and then we can come to the library and use the computers. At the church there is only 1 computer, but we use that for Facebook and e-mails during the week.
If you have any pictures of me or possibly the skydiving video that I could use to make a “I'm a Mormon” video and could send them to me that would be great. We don’t have a Christmas tree, and I don’t know if we will get one, but a member invited us over to her house for Christmas day. Just a few more weeks and we can Skype, but I'm not sure what time it will be, but Ill try and find out. Feel free to address me by my new title--Uncle. 

- Udy Elder




2 comments:

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...