Today we got our transfer calls...

January 2, 2018
Boldog Új Évet, (Happy New Year)

Today we got our transfer calls to find out where be will be going for the next 9 weeks. I will be staying here in Kaposvár, but Cushing Elder is being transferred. So tomorrow we will head to Budapest, and I will pick up my new companion and get a hot start on the new year. 
On Dec 23rd we had our big Christmas event where we used a projector and showed a bunch of videos on the street and talked to a lot of people. It was successful. There were a handful of people we got to come off the street and into the church, where there was a little Christmas program going on.  We gave them Books of Mormon and a few of them showed up to Church the next day.
On the train with my new nativity

On Christmas Eve we had a sleepover with the other elders here in Kaposvar and on Christmas morning I opened my many wrapped gifts under the Christmas tree as usual, but this time the tree was drawn on a piece of paper and not an actual tree. On Christmas we took a 30 minute train ride to a member who fed us some tasty Hungarian food: Cabbage soup, duck, bacon- wrapped chicken, potatoes, it was quite the treat.   It's crazy that it is 2018 already. The time has gone by fast. I wish you all a Happy New Year.
Some service we did a couple weeks ago

Service

The Hot Fries and the Funyuns survived in the mail and I already ate them all. They were really good. How is BYU basketball doing? Don’t forget to send me updates ;) 

 - Udy Elder 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...