You don't need to be a doctrinal scholar to teach people, just know and teach the primary songs

September 13, 2017
Sziastok,                     
 I have now been here at the MTC for 2 weeks. It's crazy to think that if I was English speaking I would have already left by now, but I still have 7 weeks left here.  
On Sundays, all the Missionaries have to prepare a talk, in their mission language, and then the branch president selects a few who will speak. So basically I have to watch someone give their talk in sign language or hear it in Albanian and not understand any of it. But my companion, Morgan Elder, gave his prepared talk in Hungarian and I could understand probably about 50% of it. So I guess you could say the language is slowly coming along. 
Morgan Elder and Udy Elder

Saturday night was the BYU-Utah game, so we went up to the 6th floor of one of the buildings and we could get a good view of the stadium and we saw the planes fly over which was pretty cool. We couldn't see the field, but we could just barely see the scoreboard. Whenever someone scored we could hear the roar from the stadium. It made me wish I could be there sitting in the front row like last year. 
On Sunday night Chad Lewis, former BYU and Philedelphia Eagles TE, and current NFL Ambassador to China, came and spoke to us which was cool. Yesterday President Patrick Kearon of the Quorum of the Seventy came and spoke to us. During his talk he said that we don't need to be doctrinal scholars to teach people but just know and teach the primary songs. Even though in Hungary I'll receive a legal card that says I'm an ordained minister or something because I completed 4 years of seminary. I am no doctrinal scholar. But you don't need to be because it is the simple truths like those sung and taught in primary songs that will cause the spirit to testify to those I teach. 
 Also if you could send a few pairs of Nike socks and my BYU hoodie that would be great. I also will try and get better with the picture taking. ​​


- Udy Elder​

No comments:

Post a Comment

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...