We tracted in the gypsy colony

February 19, 2018

Sziasztok a családom és a barátaim,  (Hello my family and my friends)


Nothing too exciting happened this past week. On Saturday we decided to go tracting because that is what we do here. We went down a back-country trail that went down a big hill. It led to a little gypsy colony. None of the houses had bells to ring outside of the gates, so instead we just had to yell outside everybody's home to get their attention to come out. 

Gypsy colony

"Beware of the Dog"

Also in our mission, every missionary does the self-reliance program, which consists of 12 different "lessons"  that are supposed to help make us more self reliant, like learning how to budget and learning how to solve problems and a few other things.. I finished it a few weeks ago but this past week I got a certificate saying I am now self-reliant. 😀

We don't usually give talks or teachings during church, because President Szabadkai says its best if the members can do those things, so that the missionaries don't end up running the church. But every other week I still operate the electronic piano during sacrament meeting when the member who usually does it isn't there. I still get fed once a week by the same member and its homemade pizza every time. 

Sok szeretettel, (Lots of love)

Udy Elder


No comments:

Post a Comment

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...