I finally received my residency permit

February 12, 2018
Szervusztok mindenkinek,
I'll start with the big news here in the Hungary Budapest Mission. The Hungary Budapest Mission and the Romania-Moldova mission will combine July first and the new mission will be called the Hungary-Romania Budapest Mission. The new mission headquarters will stay in Budapest which is nice for us but it is a really long ways for missionaries in Molodva and Romania.The new mission will consist of 3 countries (Hungary, Romania, Moldova), 2 languages (Hungarian, Romanian) and 2 time zones. It will stretch all the way from the Hungarian-Austrian border to the Black Sea. And we will get a new mission president too because this is President Szabadkai's last year. There are actually over 1 million native Hungarian speakers in Romania, and there are some parts and cities that mainly speak Hungarian and not Romanian. So it will be interesting to see if the church starts to send some of us Hungarian speaking missionaries over to Romania. 
Chilling on the balcony of our apartment

Last week I finally received my tartózkodási engedély (Residency permit).For some reason the Hívatal was really slow with it, and it took them a very long time to send it to me. And it was sort of a problem because you are only allowed to be in Hungary 90 days without a residency permit, so if the police ever stopped me they could have technically taken me into custody because I didn't have my paper work. And as a missionary people on occasion threaten to call the police on you, usually we don’t care, but since I didn’t have my paperwork we had to take the threats seriously. But now I can welcome people calling the police on us, and I don’t have to worry.
One of our new investigators that we found through tracting this week said that he knows ours mission President, President Szabadkai. It turns out they both worked in the Customs office in Pécs and they sat right next to each other for 3 years. That was really cool to find out. 
Also last p-day us and the other elders got together with some of our younger investigators and we watched the movie The Testamants together. (You can watch it here...)

For English class this week, I taught the advanced class a bunch of idioms. I titled it "Idioms Taught by Idiots" and they seemed to enjoy it. 

English Class Idioms

Sok Szeretettel,
Udy Elder


No comments:

Post a Comment

We had zone conference last week. My last one.

August 12, 2019 Walking the streets of Pécs Jó reggelt mindenkinek! (Good morning everyone) This past week we had two people in ...